Interpretation and Application
All subdivision by-laws currently in effect in the Greater Miramichi Region are found below. In general, each subdivision by-law outlines the:
- Requirements of a Tentative Plan of Subdivision;
- Required conformance with the Community Planning Act;
- Classes of subdivisions;
- Provisions for lots, blocks, and other parcels;
- Provisions for streets, land for public purposes, and municipal infrastructure;
- Minimum area and dimensions of new lots, as further specified by the Zoning Regulations.
We strongly encourage clients to contact us and ask to speak with a Development Officer trained in this area of expertise for the interpretation and application of subdivision by-laws.
By-laws are amended on a regular basis. Although the Greater Miramichi Regional Service Commission (GMRSC) - Planning Services strives to keep by-laws accurate and up-to-date, they are for informational purposes only. All new by-laws and amendments to existing by-laws must be registered with the New Brunswick Land Registry office wherein official legal versions are kept on file. The GMRSC - Planning Services makes no representations or warranties, either expressed or implied, as to the accuracy of the by-laws presented below. The user assumes all risk using any or all information therein.