The GMRSC currently provides Solid Waste Services to our Member Municipalities & Communities. This includes the promotion and coordination of the Residential Curbside Recycling Program, Household Hazardous Waste and E-waste drop-offs, and the promotion of waste management 'best practices' (e.g. composting, reducing and reusing). Please visit our website (www.greatermiramichirsc.ca) to learn more about the GMRSC and the beautiful region of Greater Miramichi.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, responsible student with strong computer, communication and organizational skills to assist with a number of projects including:
- Promote the Curbside Recycling Program and Organic Waste Reduction initiatives
- Assist in researching waste reduction initiatives
- Organize and attend information kiosks and special events
- Assist in creating brochures, newsletters, etc.
- Other duties as required
- Working knowledge or Microsoft Office programs, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Acrobat, internet and email.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Good verbal and written communication skills required.
Hours: 35 hours per week
Length of work placement: 8 weeks