The Greater Miramichi Regional Service Commission is seeking an individual to assume the position of Building Inspector I.
- The Building Inspector I will be responsible for the duties of receiving and reviewing development applications, answering questions related to regulations, codes and by-laws
- This individual will be responsible for the enforcement of the National Building Code pursuant to the municipal building by-laws and provincial building regulations.
- Issuance of building permits, reviewing building plans, assisting with inspecting construction projects and working with the general public.
- Other duties of a development officer as delegated by the Director.
- Diploma in engineering technology or construction technology program or related field; or a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering.
- Must have, or be able to obtain, New Brunswick Building Official (NBBOA) Level 1 certification.
- Similar training or experience may be considered.
- Eligible for membership in the New Brunswick Development Officers Association.
- Spoken and written competence in English and French is essential.
- Applicant must provide reliable means of transportation and a valid driver’s license.
- Computer skills (Windows environment) are essential.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications. The Commission offers an attractive benefit package. This is a full-time position – 35 hours per week.
All applications must be received, no later than 4:00 p.m. on September 27, 2019. Please submit a detailed resume with 3 references and a covering letter to: