New Brunswick’s Beverage Container Program
Since 1992, more than 80% of all the pop, juice and liquor bottles and cans sold in New Brunswick have been returned to a local redemption centre for recycling.
Types of beverage containers accepted:
- Soft drinks
- Beer, wine, spirits
- Water and flavoured waters
- Fruit and vegetable juices
- Low alcohol drinks
New Brunswick passed the Beverage Containers regulation in 1992 and since then, over 3 billion beverage containers have been returned. Each year, over 85% of all beverage containers sold in the province are returned to a redemption center. This has helped control litter on New Brunswick’s highways and by recycling our beverage containers, we reduce energy and resource use.
Tips for returning beverage containers:
- Remove all caps and lids from the containers
- Make sure the containers are empty and free of debris such as straws, dirt, cigarettes or trash.
- Give the containers a quick rinse.
- Leave the labels on.
- Do not crush any beverage container.
- Return refillable beer bottles in a dry case with flaps tucked in and remove any caps or debris in the case.
Redemption Centers in the Greater Miramichi Region
61, rue Thériault Hachey
Tel: (506) 228-3568
Blackville Recycling Center
41 South Cains Rd.
Tel: (506) 843-2820
Porter’s Redemption Center
1 Nelson Hollow Dr.
Tel: (506) 365-7326
Miramichi Scrap Metals & Redemption Center
5653 Route 108
Tel: (506) 622-4971
Nason’s Bottle Redemption Center
448 Taxis River Rd.
Tel: (506) 369-8884
City of Miramichi
Heberts Bottle Exchange
293 Wellington St. (Chatham)
Tel: (506) 773-4071
390 Radio St. (Newcastle)
Tel: (506) 622-0625